HEQ Compliant Factory (High Environmental Quality)
The group is currently planning a new production site, which should be operational by 2008. The facility will house the new factory, and the headquarters for Malongo coffees. The buildings' design will take environmental factors into account.
Thus, the factory's integration into its geographical area will include:
- preserving existing green spaces and creating new ones,
- creating plant-based roofing,
- dealing with noise pollution,
- processing of smoke and odours by catalysis, so that they are unnoticeable in the air.
In addition, the building’s “eco-design” will use:
- “natural” construction methods and materials,
- application of geothermal principles for air conditioning,
- use of solar power to produce hot water.
Finally, the working environment will be centred around employee comfort (brightly-lit areas, on-site day care, etc.).